Microsoft’s Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter is a Web-based utility that fixes problems associated with the installation or uninstallation process. Specifically, it repairs the corrupted registry keys and system files that prevent you from installing or removing a program. You should only use this utility if you are unable to install or remove programs in the normal fashion, so if you’re having application installation issues on one of your office computers, first attempt to remove the program in Programs and Features. If the issue persists, access the troubleshooter following the steps below.
1. Log into the computer in question with an administrator account.
2. Open a Web browser, and go to the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter page to download the tool.
3. Double click the downloaded tool and click the “Next”to continue.
4. Select installing or uninstalling issue to fix.
5. Select the program you want to uninstall or fix.
6. Continue the fixing.
7. Complete the troubleshooter.